Eligible readmit students are those that previously attended Tarleton and are returning after one or more long semester’s (fall or spring) absence and have not attended another institution. If a student has attended another institution since their time at Tarleton, they must apply as a transfer student.
What You Need to Apply
Schedule an Appointment
Prospective students are students that have been admitted but have not enrolled into classes, applied but have not received an admission decision, or have not applied for admission.
- Login to EAB Navigate with you UID and password (same as myGateway). If you have problems with your password, use Tarleton Password Manager or call 254-968-9885 to reset your password.
- Select schedule an appointment
- Select Texan Services as the appointment type
- Choose how you would like to your appointment to be conducted (in person, by phone, zoom chat)
Requirements for Readmission
Applicants must submit an application for readmission and be clear of any holds by Tarleton offices (Police, Business Office, Financial Aid, etc.).
- Students who have not enrolled at any other college or university since last attending Tarleton and are free of suspension will be admitted
- Students who have enrolled at any other college or university since last attending Tarleton and who are in good standing at all academic institutions and meet the cumulative GPA requirements, including Tarleton State University, will be admitted
For Academic Advising and assistance in planning your schedule, please contact Academic Advising Services to make an appointment.
What is Considered Transferable Credit?
Transferable credit is college-level academic credit completed at a regionally accredited institution. Credits considered developmental, remedial, technical, or vocational will not transfer for admission purposes. Students wishing to utilize technical or vocational courses should consult an advisor.
Credit completed at a non-regionally accredited institution may be reviewed for articulation at the student’s request. Credit must be considered academic and the instructor is required to hold a minimum of 18 graduate credits in the course discipline. The student will be required to submit the following information:
- Documentation from the institution stating the instructor of the course as well as their curriculum vitae/educational background.
- Contact information of who provided the above documentation.
- Any additional documentation requested by Transfer Services.
Documentation may be delivered via the following methods:
- Emailed to [email protected]
- Mailed to Transfer Services Box T-0030 Stephenville, TX 76402
- Delivered in person to any campus.
Students must request any previously attended regionally accredited institution to send their official transcript(s) to us. We accept official transcripts via the following methods:
Electronically through (provide [email protected] if a recipient email is requested):
- National Student Clearinghouse
Emailed officially from the institution to [email protected]
Mailed in a sealed envelope to:
Tarleton State University
Stephenville, TX 76402
General Education information can be found on the catalog under General Education Requirements.