Skip to page content
Return to Top

Frequently Asked Questions

Expand AllContract All

Do I have to take CampusClarity?
Yes, if you are a freshman.  CampusClarity is a university requirement for all first time freshmen and freshmen with less than 30 transfer hours.
I transferred from another school and I took another alcohol awareness program there. Do I have to take it again at Tarleton?
If you took another alcohol awareness program at another college last year (2013-14 only, not earlier), you may be eligible to opt out.  You must provide proof from the programs administrator at the other college.  To get more info, contact the Student Counseling Services at 254-968-9044.
When can I start taking the course?
You will receive an email to your go.tarleton account once the course is available.
How long is the course?
  • The course has three sections, Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.  Part 1 takes approximately 2.5 hours to complete (we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings).
  • About 45 days after you complete Part 1, you will receive an email asking you to complete Part 2.  Part 2 takes about 15 minutes. 
  • In the spring, you will receive another email with instructions to complete Part 3.
  • ALL THREE (3) Parts must be completed to meet university requirements.
Is there a deadline?

Campus Clarity is due before you come to campus for T-week or the 1st class day, whichever comes first for you.

What happens if I do not complete by the deadline?

You will be in violation of not completing a university requirement.  Therefore:

  • A letter will be sent to the Judicial Affairs office stating that you are in violation.  It will be put in your file.  To remove this letter from your file, you must complete CampusClarity. Also, if you have an alcohol related violation anytime while at Tarleton, the consequences rendered by Judicial Affairs will be more severe.
  • It will affect your ability to be hired in several jobs and to be selected for leadership positions in the Division of Student Affairs (e.g. in Student Activities, Leadership, Greek, Dining Hall, Residential Living & Learning, etc.).  This is because not meeting this university requirement shows a lack of follow through, that you may not be dependable to meet expectations, etc.
What if I have technical problems?

There is a CampusClarity 24/7 Technical Support Center:

  • On the CampusClarity web site, on the left hand side there is a button called “Contact.” This will give you access to on-line help.
  • You can also call technical assistance at 1-800-652-9546.
Can you change/correct my email address? I am not getting email reminders.
No, but you can make changes yourself in “Duck Trax.”  Contact the Registrar’s Office at (254) 968-9121 for assistance.
Will I get academic credit for taking CampusClarity?
If you are taking DGS/Freshman Seminar class, the instructors have incorporated CampusClarity into the course.  However, you do not get academic credit for CampusClarity by itself.
Can I substitute CampusClarity with an alcohol class I have taken elsewhere?
No, there are no substitutes.