Skip to page content
Return to Top

Insurance Programs

Expand AllContract All

Travel Abroad
  • CISI
Summer Programs for Minors Insurance
Property Insurance
Claim Reporting for Property Losses

In the event of damage to a building and/or contents the department should immediately notify the Office of Risk Management and Compliance by telephone or written report detailing the cause and nature of the damaged property.

The department should compile an inventory of all destroyed and damaged property, giving actual cash value.  RMC will work closely with the department suffering the loss to coordinate all claims.

Click on the link below to complete the property loss form.  Once the form is completed fax or mail it to the Office of Risk Management and Compliance at 254-968-9658 or Box T-0830.

Fleet Insurance
Claim Reporting for Automobile Accidents

Any employee involved in an accident while operating a vehicle owned or leased by Tarleton State University, must complete the following:

  • Fill out a "Motor Vehicle Accident Report" form (you can also obtain a form from your departmental vehicle coordinator).
  • Fax or email the form to Risk Management and Compliance (RMC) at (254) 968-9658, or within 24 hrs of the accident.
  • Fax the Police Report and any Supplemental information to RMC at (254) 968-9658 as soon as possible.
General Information

The following procedures should be followed whenever a Tarleton State University vehicle is involved in an accident, regardless of the extent of damage:

  • Stop immediately and notify the proper law enforcement agency so that an official report can document the accident.
  • Take necessary steps to prevent another accident.
  • Call emergency medical services (911) if necessary. Render aid to the injured until help arrives.
  • Do not make any statement, oral or written, regarding fault. Any admission of fault may impair the insurer’s ability to defend a case of questionable legal liability. Appropriate legal authorities will decide fault or liability. While the driver signature is required if a traffic citation is issued, the signature does not constitute an admission of guilt.   The signature shows that the driver has read and understands the charge(s) against them.
  • Record the names and addresses of all witnesses.
  • Provide all required information to the law enforcement officer.
  • While at the scene of the accident, secure information needed to complete the Motor Vehicle Accident Report (System Form 9). The police officer will assist in providing the necessary information. Do not leave blank spaces. Vehicle coordinators are responsible for ensuring accident information is reported by phone call within 24 hours to (254) 968-9898. Vehicle coordinators are responsible for providing a completed Motor Vehicle Accident Report (System Form 9) to RMC within 36 hours of the accident.
  • It is the responsibility of the vehicle coordinator to obtain a copy of the police report. A copy of the report should be submitted to RMC.
  • If a vehicle is inoperable, the driver should contact the vehicle coordinator for towing instructions.
  • When towing a vehicle, remove the logbook, keys, fuel cards and all property, which might be lost or stolen.
  • All accidents within the state of Texas that involve the injury or death of any person or damage of property exceeding $500.00 must be reported to the Texas Department of Public Safety. This report must be made within 10 days of the accident by means of a Driver’s Confidential Accident Report (Form ST-2) provided by the police officer. The liability insurance policy number, which is necessary to complete the form, can be obtained from the vehicle coordinator.
Student Health Insurance

Tarleton Students that are interested in purchasing coverage may obtain coverage through Associated Insurance Plans, Inc.

Workers' Compensation Insurance

As an employee of Tarleton you are covered by Workers' Compensation Insurance in the event of an accidental injury or occupational disease while working. To protect and claim this coverage certain steps must be taken in a timely manner. The links below provide important Workers' Compensation Insurance information.