Bachelor of Arts Degree in Music
This degree program is designed for the student who wants to have a broader liberal arts experience, double major in both music and another subject, or a professional career in the music industry.
Bachelor of Music Degree with Teacher Certification
This professional education degree prepares the student to teach in the elementary and secondary schools in Texas.
Bachelor of Music Degree in Performance
This program is designed for the students who want to pursue a professional career in performance.
- Bachelor of Music Degree in Performance
Master of Music in Music Education
This degree program was developed with the practicing teacher in mind.
Undergraduate Music Education
Teacher Education Program
Formal application to the Teacher Education Program shall be made at the completion of the following:
- 60 hours with a C average (2.6 GPA); developmental course hours do not count.
- MUSC 1474, 1484, 2474, 2484, 8 hours of applied principal instrument with an average grade not lower than C (2.6); and acceptance into music program.
- 12 hours English with a grade of C or better and MATH 1073 or 1083.
In addition to education requirements, the following music requirements must be completed prior to application for student teaching.
- Piano Proficiency Examination
- Sight Singing Proficiency Examination
- Proficiency Examinations on Principal Instrument or Voice
- MUSC 3111, 3121, 3153, and 3163
- Recital requirements.