Return to Top
Research & Service Goals
- Analyze how class size impacts student learning.
- Investigate the facility design requirements of the 21st century classroom.
- Evaluate building efficiency and impact on student learning.
- Explore optimal acoustic levels for student learning.
- Examine the effect of lighting levels on student learning, achievement & behavior.
- Investigate emerging health issues related to facilities.
- Determine the relationship between school size, costs, student achievement and student satisfaction.
- Establish a framework for determining future technology needs in Texas public schools.
- Create an information clearinghouse on educational facilities. As a clearinghouse we desire to create an environment in which continual emphasis is placed on the impact facilities have on student learning.
- A resource for best practices on technology incorporation
- Provide “Green” alternatives and information regarding other aspects of school facility construction and renovation.
- Professional growth opportunities related to school construction, renovation, management, and bond education.
- Assist school districts with long-range planning.