TIMS - Probationary
- Go to http://tea.texas.gov and click on TEAL Login at the top. Log in and click on Educator.
- Once you have logged in and updated your profile information as necessary, choose Applications on the left hand side menu. Then choose PROBATIONARY CERTIFICATE.
- A series of questions will be asked. Please answer the questions honestly. If you have any questions on how to answer, please contact TEA at (512) 936-8400.
- On the application, it will ask for Recommending Entity. If you do not select the correct entity, we will not be able to process your application.
Please choose Tarleton State University (Post Baccalaureate).
- It will also ask: subject applying for. Please type in “TIMS”
- At the end of the application, you will be given the chance to pay for your certificate ($52.00) and fingerprints ($39.50) if necessary. You can also return to this screen at any time after applying by logging into your account, choosing Application Status, and then Pay Online Now.
- All applicants that do not already hold a certificate in Texas will be required to be fingerprinted.
The typical process for certification is as follows:
- Student applies and pays online with TEA and submits fingerprints
- Student receives system-generated email acknowledging application
- Entity recommends student for certification once all requirements are met
- Student receives system-generated email stating they have been recommended
- TEA runs criminal background check on student
- Applicant is certified if check is clear
**NOTE: You will not be recommended until Tarleton State University has all the proper documentation. You will be notified by the director of field experiences, Ms. Debby Hopkins-Higham, as to what these additional items are.