Return to Top
2016 recruitment is October through December
STEPS TO APPLY FOR UPWARD BOUND
- Get an application from your high school counselor, call the Upward Bound office and we will mail you one, or download the application. Applications will be available online October 1st.
- Complete all sections of the application.
- Attach a copy of your family's 2015 income tax return.
- Visit at least three (3) Upward Bound Visitor Meetings.
How to Submit the Application (Submit by Deadline)
- Bring application to an Upward Bound Visitor Meeting
- Drop it by the Upward Bound Office (O.A. Grant Building, Room 210)
- Mail to Attn: Upward Bound, Tarleton State University, Box T-0710, Stephenville, TX 76402
Recruitment occurs during the fall semester only.
Applicant/Visitor Meeting Dates
- Applications Available - October 1, 2016
- Application Due - TBA
Fall 2016 Recruiting/Visitor Meeting Dates Date Meeting November 5 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. November 19 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. December 3 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. All meetings take place in the Grant Building on the Tarleton campus.
You are eligible if you
- Meet family income guidelines established by the US Department of Education Income Guidelines or neither parent has a four-year college degree.
- Are a US citizen or hold Permanent Residency status.
- Desire to improve academic performance
- Interested in attending post-secondary education
- Have the academic ability, desire, and determination to succeed in an educational setting after high school.
- Are Enrolled in the 9th or 10th grade at one of the following target high schools: Comanche, De Leon, Dublin, Gustine, Huckabay, Iredell, Lingleville, Stephenville, and Walnut Springs