Qualified Lincoln Douglas debate judges will be provided by regional director of contest. The $100 judge fee is included in the total academic entry fees for a district.
If a school has a regional qualifying L/D Debater that cannot participate in the meet, the school is obligated to Immediately contact the Regional Contest Director listed below. See the C&CR pg. 98 (b)(4) and the Official Notices of the Leaguer.
For any further information or questions regarding the debate competition, please contact:
Mr. James Gresham
Lincoln-Douglas Debate Director
Tarleton State University
P.O. Box T-1163
Stephenville, TX 76402
1. Debaters must be present for roll call at 8:00 a.m. in the Fine Arts Auditorium. If not present, debater will be removed from contest.
2. Three preliminary rounds will be conducted in which each L/D debater will debate at least one affirmative and one negative round.
3. At the end of the three rounds the top eight debaters will be paired for quarter final rounds.
4. The four winners of the quarter final round will be paired up for semi-final rounds.
5. There will be a debate between the two debaters who lose the semi=finals debates for third place.
Schedule Of Events
Saturday, April 20, 2013
|8:00 a.m.||Assembly and Round 1 Pairings||Auditorium, Fine Arts Center|
|8:15 a.m||Preliminary Round 1||Fine Arts Center & Agriculture Bldg.|
|9:15 a.m||Preliminary Round 2||Fine Arts Center & Agriculture Bldg.|
|10:15 a.m.||Preliminary Round 3||Fine Arts Center & Agriculture Bldg.|
|2:00 p.m.||Ballot Verification||Auditorium, Fine Arts Center|
|2:15 p.m.||Quarter Finals||Auditorium, Fine Arts Center|
|3:15 p.m.||Ballot Verification||Auditorium, Fine Arts Center|
|3:30 p.m.||Semi Finals||Auditorium, Fine Arts Center|
|4:30 p.m.||Final Round||Auditorium, Fine Arts Center|