Frequently Asked Questions
Microsoft Student Advantage Program
Information Technology Services is pleased to announce a new benefit for students available through the go.tarleton.edu email accounts.
The new Microsoft Student Advantage Program which provides Microsoft Office 365 free of charge. Students will now be able to work in the latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and much more. You can install Office 365 on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs, plus 5 mobile devices. All work can be saved online in OneDrive so it can be accessed no matter which device is being used. You can use this Office 365 subscription for as long as you are a registered student at Tarleton State University.
For more information about how to use this free service, please visit the Office 365 for Students information page.
Verify Your Email Account/ First Time Login
1. Login to myGateway.
2. Choose the Student tab
3. Your Student tab should appear as follows. Click on Ducktrax to expand the folder
4. Then choose Personal Information
5. Choose View Email Addresses
6. You will then be taken to a page that will display your University Email for your go.tarleton.edu account
7. Now that you have identified your Go.Email account, you are ready to log in. Click on the Go E-mail icon in the top right of your screen
8. A pop-up window should appear on screen that will display the login screen for your email
9. Enter your email account in the Microsoft Account field, and use Tsu (capital T) and your UID number for the password Ex: Tsu000123456 (You will change this later).
10. After successfully logging in for the first time, you will be prompted to change your password
11. Once you've successfully changed your password, you will be taken back to the login screen. Enter your newly created password and click Sign In.
12. After you’ve logged in with your new password for the first time, you will be prompted to select your preferred language and time zone. Click Save after making your selection
13. After clicking Save, you will be taken to a welcome screen. When you are ready to view your inbox click Outlook in the top blue header
14. Once you click Outlook you will be taken to your Inbox
If you have any trouble getting into your email account please contact the Tarleton Help Desk at 254-968-9885, option 1.