Department of Fine Arts Band Camp
Junior High Band Camp: June 4th - 7th (Grades 7th thru 9th) High School Band Camp June 18th -21st (Grades 9th thru 12th)
Junior High Band Camp Check-in is Sunday, June 4th: 12 to 2 PM in the Clyde H. Wells Fine Arts Center.
Junior high band camp focuses on both individual student performance practices and students’ preparation for large ensembles. The camp has activities including large ensemble rehearsals, chamber ensemble preparation, master classes taught by experienced faculty who specialize on each instrument, and social activities that make the camp a memorable experience.
High School Band Camp Check-in is Sunday June 18th: time TBA in the Clyde H. Wells Fine Arts Center
High School camp is a leadership camp where you will have meetings and activities based on helping students become better leaders in life as well as their band programs at home. Many of these activities are designed to get you out of your comfort zone. Please come with an open mind ready to challenge yourself to be a better leader and more importantly a better person. High school students need to bring paper, pen/pencil and folders in order to take notes.
Resident camper - $299
Commuter camper - $210
Junior High Band Camp Payments are due in full no later then May 31st.
HS Band Leadership Camp Payments are due in full no later than June 7th.
Final concert for Junior High Band Camp is on Wednesday June 7th at 4:00 pm. Camp is dismissed immediately after concert.
Parking information for the Wednesday concert:
Attendees are encouraged to park in Parking Lots P-16, P-17, and P-30.
Find the map link below for a map of our campus.
Outstanding Camp Facilities
- Well qualified faculty and staff committed to excellence in music education
- Supervised student activities and recreation
- Bands and instrument classes designed to further students abilities
- Jr High Band Camp concert (parents are invited to attend the concert)
- Camp T-Shirt included!
- Block party including swimming/diving pool
- Rock wall/recreation center
- Map. This is an interactive map for parking and to find the Clyde H Wells Fine Arts Center.
Bring to camp
- Audition music below.
- Brass players: bring instrument, mouthpiece, valve oil, slide grease and a pencil
- Woodwinds: bring instrument, mouthpiece, 3 good reeds, and a pencil
- Percussion: bring snare sticks, mallets, and a pencil.
- Bedding for a twin bed, towels, toiletries, swimsuits for pool. All rooms are furnished with mattress, dresser, fridge and microwave.
- High School Campers need to bring their instruments, notebook, and a pencil or pen.
Audition information: All students will perform several scales and a short sight reading excerpt for proper ensemble placement. Scales are available below for the listed instruments: