Posters for presenting at conferences can be printed at the Office of Student Research & Creative Activities, Math building room 318.
You can bring your poster file to the Office (318 MATH) during office hours. If these times are not convenient (or if the office is closed), please email your poster file to firstname.lastname@example.org. When the poster is ready to pick up, you'll be notified by email. If the poster needs to go to another campus (i.e. Fort Worth or Waco), we can send it via courier (please specify the campus and a specific office at that campus).
It is very important that you follow the guidelines below for printing posters. Knowing what software can be used and the lead time necessary for printing posters on campus is critical.
POSTER PRINTING GUIDELINES
- Posters should be submitted for printing at least 3 working days before you need it. All posters will be printed in the order they are received. During times of heavy demand (i.e. the Tarleton and TAMUS Pathways research symposia), it may take several days before your poster can be printed because it takes time for a single poster to print. There is no guarantee that a poster submitted one or two days before you need it will be printed in time.
- Posters need to be formatted for a maximum of 36 X 48 inches (Landscape is required for the Tarleton Student Research Symposium).
- Posters can be submitted in the following three formats: PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, or PDF. To prevent having to trim off a white border by hand, be sure to set the page size to 36 x 48 inches before you start creating your poster. For PowerPoint, go to 'Page Setup', choose 'Custom', and enter 36 x 48 inches).
- Images must be high resolution, otherwise they will appear pixellated.
- Be sure to double check all spelling, grammar, contents, margins, alignment, and dimensions of the poster before submission. Printing posters is costly, so only one poster will be printed (reprints will cost $10). Be sure that both you and your faculty mentor are 100% satisfied with your poster before you submit it for printing. If you have questions or need advice, please ask before you are ready to submit for printing.
- Posters are printed on heavy, glossy photo paper.