7 Day OutLook
Date: Monday, March 05, 2012
Turn It In is recognized worldwide as the standard in online plagiarism prevention. Turn It In helps educators and students take full advantage of the internet's educational potential. Used by thousands of institutions in over eighty countries, Turn It In promotes originality in student work, improves student writing and research skills, encourages collaborative learning, and saves valuable instructor time.
Turn It In can be used in conjunction with Blackboard or by itself on the Turn It In website. Students upload papers to the Turn It In repository which checks for originality against the Internet, most periodicals, and other papers submitted in the past.
The goals of this session include:
- Gaining knowledge of Turn It In and what it can and cannot do
- Understanding how to create a class and assignment in Turn It In
- Watching a sample paper loaded into the Turn It In system
- Understanding the originality reporting color code system
- Understanding the GradeMark system of document markup
- Discussing the policies of using Turn It In with a class
Location: Tarleton Center 137
Contact: Doug Hanna (9307)
Link to this event: www.tarleton.edu/scripts/calendar/details.asp?E=9664&T=352012