Summer Camp/Special Events Insurance
When planning a new camp or special event a Risk Management Assessment Form (RMAF) must be submitted to the Office of Risk Management and Compliance (RMC) at least thirty (30) days prior to the event.
Information provided within the RMAF will be used to determine if additional risk controls or insurance should be implemented. The camp or event will not need to be assessed for future dates unless the scope of the activities change. At that time the event coordinator will need to submit a Summer Camp & Event Application Form and flyer/information to RMC at least thirty (30) days. An account number and signature must be included in order for the application to be processed. The appropriate Waiver Form is provided below for your use.
The Event Compliance Packet (ECP) must be submitted to Employee Services at forty-five (45) days prior to the date of the event. Signed Background Check forms must be submitted for all camp employees for the ECP to be processed.
Within 5 days of the completion of the camp, an actual number of participants must be submitted to RMC to insure the timely reporting of this information to process payment of the necessary insurance.
Please use the link below for obtaining insurance for your next event.Camp Application Event Compliance Packet Special Events Application
How long should we keep waiver for programs:
- For adult participants - 2 years from the date of the activity or the close of any litigation (whichever is longer) + 1 year.
- For participants under the age of 18 - 2 years from the date of the individual turns 18 or the close of any litigation (whichever is longer) + 1 year.
How long should we keep waivers for services (i.e. equipment rental)?
- Rentals by adults - 2 years from the date the equipment is returned or the close of any litigation (whichever is longer) + 1 year.
- For renters under 18 (if you allow this), 2 years from the date of the individual turns18 or the close of any litigation (whichever is longer) + 1 year.
In case of an incident involving a participant on a program, how long do we keep this waiver:
- For adult participants 2 years from the date of the activity/incident or the close of any litigation (whichever is longer) + 1 year
- For participants under the age of 18 2 years from the date of the individual turns 18 or the close of any litigation (whichever is longer) + 1 year.
Please use the links for the compliance packet that is required by Applicable Departments.
Claim Reporting for Property Losses
In the event of damage to a building and/or contents the department should immediately notify the Office of Risk Management and Compliance by telephone or written report detailing the cause and nature of the damaged property.
The department should compile an inventory of all destroyed and damaged property, giving actual cash value. RMC will work closely with the department suffering the loss to coordinate all claims.
Click on the link below to complete the property loss form. Once the form is completed fax or mail it to the Office of Risk Management and Compliance at 254-968-9658 or Box T-0830.
Claim Reporting for Automobile Accidents
Any employee involved in an accident while operating a vehicle owned or leased by Tarleton State University, must complete the following:
- Fill out a "Motor Vehicle Accident Report" form (you can also obtain a form from your departmental vehicle coordinator).
- Fax or email the form to Risk Management and Compliance (RMC) at (254) 968-9658, or firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hrs of the accident.
- Fax the Police Report and any Supplemental information to RMC at (254) 968-9658 as soon as possible.
The following procedures should be followed whenever a Tarleton State University vehicle is involved in an accident, regardless of the extent of damage:
- Stop immediately and notify the proper law enforcement agency so that an official report can document the accident.
- Take necessary steps to prevent another accident.
- Call emergency medical services (911) if necessary. Render aid to the injured until help arrives.
- Do not make any statement, oral or written, regarding fault. Any admission of fault may impair the insurer’s ability to defend a case of questionable legal liability. Appropriate legal authorities will decide fault or liability. While the driver signature is required if a traffic citation is issued, the signature does not constitute an admission of guilt. The signature shows that the driver has read and understands the charge(s) against them.
- Record the names and addresses of all witnesses.
- Provide all required information to the law enforcement officer.
- While at the scene of the accident, secure information needed to complete the Motor Vehicle Accident Report (System Form 9). The police officer will assist in providing the necessary information. Do not leave blank spaces. Vehicle coordinators are responsible for ensuring accident information is reported by phone call within 24 hours to (254) 968-9898. Vehicle coordinators are responsible for providing a completed Motor Vehicle Accident Report (System Form 9) to RMC within 36 hours of the accident.
- It is the responsibility of the vehicle coordinator to obtain a copy of the police report. A copy of the report should be submitted to RMC.
- If a vehicle is inoperable, the driver should contact the vehicle coordinator for towing instructions.
- When towing a vehicle, remove the logbook, keys, fuel cards and all property, which might be lost or stolen.
- All accidents within the state of Texas that involve the injury or death of any person or damage of property exceeding $500.00 must be reported to the Texas Department of Public Safety. This report must be made within 10 days of the accident by means of a Driver’s Confidential Accident Report (Form ST-2) provided by the police officer. The liability insurance policy number, which is necessary to complete the form, can be obtained from the vehicle coordinator.
Student Health Insurance
Tarleton Students that are interested in purchasing coverage may obtain coverage through Associated Insurance Plans, Inc.