Board of Regents Meeting Update
Dear Faculty, Staff and Students:
I’d like to share with you the outcome of Tarleton’s agenda items before The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents during their meetings on March 25-26.
With the Board’s approval, Tarleton is one step closer to creating two new bachelor degree programs. The first is a Bachelor of Applied Technology with a major in veterinary technology in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. This would enable those graduating from community and junior colleges with an associate’s degree to continue their education. It would also provide a valuable resource to Texas as vet techs are predicted to be one of the fastest-growing occupations in the next decade.
The second is a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering to complement Tarleton’s existing ABET-accredited engineering programs in environmental science and engineering physics in the College of Science and Technology. Mechanical engineering is heavily requested as a major by incoming freshmen.
The next step for both programs to come to Tarleton is to receive approval from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
The Board also approved tenure for the following faculty members:
From the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences:
- Dr. Karol Blaylock, Assistant Professor in Agricultural Services and Development.
- Dr. Barry Lambert, Assistant Professor in Animal Sciences.
From the College of Business Administration:
- Dr. Randy McCamey, Assistant Professor of Management, Marketing and Administrative Systems.
From the College of Education:
- Dr. Pamela Winn, Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies.
From the College of Liberal and Fine Arts:
- Dr. Moumin Quazi, Assistant Professor of English and Languages.
- Dr. Leslie Spotz, Assistant Professor of Fine Arts.
From the College of Science and Technology:
- Dr. Mircea Agapie, Assistant Professor of Engineering Technology.
- Dr. Falih Ahmad, Associate Professor of Engineering Technology.
- Dr. Peter Bell (Chacon), Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Geosciences and Environmental Science.
- Dr. Shaukat Goderya, Assistant Professor of Engineering and Physics.
- Dr. Sally Lewis, Assistant Professor, Clinical Laboratory Sciences.
Please join me in congratulating each of these faculty members in achieving this important milestone in their careers.
I know these past few weeks have been a trying time for the Tarleton community. I’d like to say thank you for your conduct and the understanding you have shown for the difficult position the university was in. We will now move forward to continue to showcase the exceptional academic institution of which we are all a part.
F. Dominic Dottavio, President
Tarleton State University