Services to the Tarleton Community
The Tarleton State University Police bid you Welcome. The Tarleton State University Police Department is comprised of 17 full-time, state certified, peace officers. Of those 17 officers six are Tarleton State University Graduates. All officers are licensed under the authority of the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE) with full police powers and authority in any county in which the Texas A&M University System owns property.
The duties of the Tarleton State University Police Officer include responding to calls for service, making arrests, resolving disputes, taking crime reports, conducting traffic enforcement, and other crime prevention measures.
Additionally, we have a Crime Victims Liaison Officer, A Crime Prevention Officer, and three women’s self defense instructors.
At Tarleton State University, your safety and
welfare are of paramount importance to us!
In order to ensure this, we have a number of services that we offer:
- "A Campaign for a Safer Tarleton" The safety of the Tarleton Community is of utmost importance to the University Police. To keep the community better informed we as a police department have developed a program known as "A Campaign for a Safer Tarleton." This program consists of two main aspects. The first aspect is the dissemination of print materials. These pamphlets, available on-line and in our office, will help to better inform the campus community about safety related issues. These issues include; information about the University Police Department, the R.A.D. Program, Facebook and Online Safety, Operation ID, Self Protection, Texans and Alcohol, Traveling Tips and Vehicle Burglaries. The second aspect is that the officers of the University Police will be making themselves available to student organizations to talk about the importance of responsible decisions in regards to alcohol consumption.
- R.A.D. (Rape Aggression Defense) Program A FREE self-defense program for female students and non-students living in our community.
- Free On-campus Motorist Assists for faculty, staff, and students, consisting of vehicle unlocks and jumpstarts.
- Operation Inventory A FREE program where students are given forms and instructions on how to safeguard their personal property against theft.
- Campus Crime Stoppers provides a means of communication for members of the public to anonymously provide law enforcement agencies with information on crimes or suspects.
- After Dark Escorts An escort program for the on-campus Tarleton Community, If worried for your safety after dark call (254)968-9265 and request an police officer to escort you to your car or apartment.
- Fingerprinting during office hours only for members of the Tarleton Community.