AP Physics B
The material at this website are for an AP-B level physics course as part of the STEM-RIDE partnership for teaching advanced STEM classes through distance education. STEM-RIDE is a partnership between Tarleton State University and six rural, smaller (1A to 3A) North Texas High Schools (Alvarado, Early, Glen Rose, Maypearl, Santo, and Stephenville). For more information about the project consult the STEM-RIDE website.
This particular course was a proof-in-concept course taught by Dr. Daniel K. Marble of the Tarleton State University Physics Program in AY2013-2014 and funded by the Sid Richardson Foundation.
All physics curriculum materials on this site were developed by Dr. Daniel K. Marble and Christopher Brian Marble and are copyrighted. Materials cannot be used or reproduced without the authors' permission.
Assignments & Handouts (Week of August 26)
- Class & Assignment Schedule (pdf)
- Units Handout (Pdf)
- Trigonometry Handout (Pdf)
- Graphical Addition of Vectors Handout (Pdf)
- Webassign Online Homework System
Physics Website Links
Click on on one of the graphic icons and explore our website further to see what makes physics at Tarleton unique!!
One of the best equipped undergraduate programs in the US!!
- 32" Telescope
- Tandem Accelerator
- Electron Microscope
- X-ray Diffraction System
- Leybold CT System
- Laser Facility
Specialty tracks to match your career needs:
- Medical Physics - Pre-Med, Pre-Dental, Pre-Pharmacy, etc.
- High School Teaching - Math/Physics or Physics/Chemistry
- Nuclear Engineering/Nuclear Physics (Tarleton-Texas A&M Partnership)
- Classical Track - Get a Second Degree in Math, Computer Science, Chemistry, Business, etc. or Prepare for Law School
We offer our students courses not generally found at smaller institutions like:
- Computational Physics
- Medical Physics I & II
- Microwave Theory
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid State Physics
- Principles of Nuclear Engineering
- Nuclear Reactor Theory
- Graduate Quantum Mechanics
- Graduate Mechanics