Thermal Energy And Temperature
In our previous work, we have ignored any energy associated with the microscopic motion of atoms. In this module, we will begin our study of the field of Thermodynamics including a look at temperature scales.
- Temperature Notes - Pdf
- Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics Notes - Pdf
- Thermodynamics I Notes - Pdf
- Temperature - Video
- Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics - Video
- Thermodynamics I (Internal Energy, Average Energy Per Molecule, Temperature) - Video
- Heat - Video
Physics Website Links
- 1. Khan Academy Lesson On "Thermodynamics"
- 2. MIT Thermal Expansion - More Advanced Material
- 3. Mechanical Universe (Temperature & Gas Laws) Video 45
- 4. Ginacoli Textbook Website
Tarleton Physics Links
Click on on one of the graphic icons and explore our website further to see what makes physics at Tarleton unique!!
One of the best equipped undergraduate programs in the US!!
- 32" Telescope
- Tandem Accelerator
- Electron Microscope
- X-ray Diffraction System
- Leybold CT System
- Laser Facility
Specialty tracks to match your career needs:
- Medical Physics - Pre-Med, Pre-Dental, Pre-Pharmacy, etc.
- High School Teaching - Math/Physics or Physics/Chemistry
- Nuclear Engineering/Nuclear Physics (Tarleton-Texas A&M Partnership)
- Classical Track - Get a Second Degree in Math, Computer Science, Chemistry, Business, etc. or Prepare for Law School
We offer our students courses not generally found at smaller institutions like:
- Computational Physics
- Medical Physics I & II
- Microwave Theory
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid State Physics
- Principles of Nuclear Engineering
- Nuclear Reactor Theory
- Graduate Quantum Mechanics
- Graduate Mechanics