Gas Laws and Kinetic Theory
Kinetic Theory is one of the great achievements of classical physics. It not only enabled us to harness energy which greatly improved the quality of life and life expectancy, but it also laid the path of study to the microscopic world and quantum mechanics which has lead to lasers, magnetic resonance imaging, electronics, and the other advances of the 20th Century.
- Ideal Gas Law Notes - Pdf
- Kinetic Theory Notes - Pdf
- Gas Laws Part 1 - Video
- Gas Laws Part 2 - Video
- Kinetic Theory Part 1 - Video
- Kinetic Theory Part 2 - Video
Physics Website Links
- 1. Khan Academy Lessons On "Thermodynamics"
- 2. MIT Ideal Gas Laws - More Advanced Material
- 3. Mechanical Universe (Temperature & Gas Laws) Video 45
- 4. Ginacoli Textbook Website
Tarleton Physics Links
Click on on one of the graphic icons and explore our website further to see what makes physics at Tarleton unique!!
One of the best equipped undergraduate programs in the US!!
- 32" Telescope
- Tandem Accelerator
- Electron Microscope
- X-ray Diffraction System
- Leybold CT System
- Laser Facility
Specialty tracks to match your career needs:
- Medical Physics - Pre-Med, Pre-Dental, Pre-Pharmacy, etc.
- High School Teaching - Math/Physics or Physics/Chemistry
- Nuclear Engineering/Nuclear Physics (Tarleton-Texas A&M Partnership)
- Classical Track - Get a Second Degree in Math, Computer Science, Chemistry, Business, etc. or Prepare for Law School
We offer our students courses not generally found at smaller institutions like:
- Computational Physics
- Medical Physics I & II
- Microwave Theory
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid State Physics
- Principles of Nuclear Engineering
- Nuclear Reactor Theory
- Graduate Quantum Mechanics
- Graduate Mechanics