Charge & The Electric Force
In this module, we will begin our study of electric force. The ancient Greeks discovered that rubbing objects like amber changed their properties by giving them the ability to attract light objects including small pieces of paper. The property of the object which has changed is called "charge." We now know that all material is composed of a large number of electrical charges. In this module we will discuss the experimental facts that have been discovered about charges and the electric force.
- Charge Notes - Pdf
- Properties of Charge & Conductors - Video
- Coulomb's Law - Video
- Conduction & Induction - Video
- Comparison of Electric and Gravitational Forces - Video
- 1. Coulomb's Law Example 1 - Video
- 2. Coulomb's Law Example 2 - Video
- Module Learning Objectives
- Return To Class Home Page
Physics Website Links
- 1. Khan Academy Lesson On "Electricity & Magnetism"
- 2. MIT Electric Fields - More Advanced Material
- 3. Mechanical Universe (Static Electricity) Video 28
- 4. Ginacoli Textbook Website
Tarleton Physics Links
Click on on one of the graphic icons and explore our website further to see what makes physics at Tarleton unique!!
One of the best equipped undergraduate programs in the US!!
- 32" Telescope
- Tandem Accelerator
- Electron Microscope
- X-ray Diffraction System
- Leybold CT System
- Laser Facility
Specialty tracks to match your career needs:
- Medical Physics - Pre-Med, Pre-Dental, Pre-Pharmacy, etc.
- High School Teaching - Math/Physics or Physics/Chemistry
- Nuclear Engineering/Nuclear Physics (Tarleton-Texas A&M Partnership)
- Classical Track - Get a Second Degree in Math, Computer Science, Chemistry, Business, etc. or Prepare for Law School
We offer our students courses not generally found at smaller institutions like:
- Computational Physics
- Medical Physics I & II
- Microwave Theory
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid State Physics
- Principles of Nuclear Engineering
- Nuclear Reactor Theory
- Graduate Quantum Mechanics
- Graduate Mechanics