Specialist in School Psychology - LSSP
Advising Guide: Specialist in School Psychology - LSSP 09-10
Internship or Practicum forms: click here
Practicum Prerequisite Courses: verification form
Internship Prerequisite Courses: verification form
Internship or Practicum: Which one do I take?
- Licensed Specialist in School Psychology students (S.S.P.. - School Psychology) take PSY 505 - Practicum I, PSY 595 - Internship I, and PSY 596 - Internship II
Internship and Practicum: How many hours of field placement are required?
- Licensed Specialist in School Psychology students (S.S.P.. - School Psychology) 150 clock hours for PSY 505, 600 clock hours for PSY 595, and 600 clock hours for PSY 596
Don't forget - you must submit a new application to the department office each semester you wish to be in practicum or internship
- Deadline for a fall practicum/internship: July 1st
- Deadline for a spring practicum/internship: November 1st
- Deadline for a summer practicum/internship: April 1st
The deadline for submission of all paperwork at the end of the semester is 5:00 pm on the Monday of finals week. You may turn in your paperwork earlier if you finish your practicum or internship before then.