Faculty Excellence in Scholarship Award
The purpose of the Faculty Excellence in Scholarship Award is to annually select a Tarleton State University faculty member who has shown exemplary performance in scholarship as per the eligibility requirements for the award. Please visit this link for the requisite paperwork.
Eligibility for the Excellence in Scholarship Award
- Individuals who are eligible for this award are full-time faculty members to include administrators holding joint faculty appointments. Award nominees must have held such positions at Tarleton State University for at least three (3) years prior to the year of award eligibility. Furthermore, the university-wide award recipient will not be eligible to receive the award for the next three calendar years beginning with the 2003-2004 inaugural academic year selection (such that the 2003-2004 university-wide recipient will not be eligible for award consideration until the 2007-2008 academic year).
Eligible Scholarly and Creative Activities
- To be eligible for nomination, a prospective nominee must be involved in one or more activities such as the following:
a. Engaged in creative activity such as shows, recitals, recordings, musical performances, or lighting, set, or costume design.
b. Published or presented research (funded or non-funded):
i. authored books and/or journal articles
ii. authored monographs or chapters in books
iii. conducted and published research (funded or non-funded) for which he/she presents scholarly papers or makes comparable presentations at professional meetings
iv. conducted and published collaborative research involving faculty and/or student colleagues.
c. conducted state, national, or international-level seminars, workshops, or comparable creative activities in a scholarly environment.
To initiate the nomination process each academic year, the Provost/Executive Vice-President for Academic Affairs and Vice President for Student Life will initiate a call to announce the faculty award nominations and subsequent selection processes.
• A faculty member can self-nominate or be nominated by a departmental faculty colleague, Nomination packets are available on the Academic Affairs web site on the links page at: http://www.tarleton.edu/academicaffairs/links.html
- In addition to addressing the criteria in the application packet, the nominee will describe the contribution that the scholarly activities have made to his/her academic discipline (not to his/her department/college or the University).
A nominated faculty member who chooses to submit a completed application packet will deliver it to the office of Academic Affairs by February 27, 2012.
Presentation of the University-Wide Excellence in Scholarship Award
- The university-wide recipient will be announced prior to an awards dinner, and will receive a $1,500 cash award at that time.
|2004||Dr. Daniel Marble|
|2005||Dr. Lesley Stanley-Stevens|
|2006||Dr. Mark Yu|
|2007||Dr. Barry Lambert|
|2008||Dr. Phil Sudman|
|2009||Dr. Richard Winton|
|2010||Dr. David Kattes|
|2011||Dr. Falih Ahmad|
|2012||Dr. Nathan Heller|