Admission Requirements for Generic BSN Students
1. Completion of the 58 general education and nursing prerequisite credits from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum grade of "C" These courses are to be completed prior to the first class day.
2. Achieve a minimum GPA of >= 2.75 on designated English and Science prerequisite courses prior to the first class day: (a) ENGL 111 and 112; (b) CHEM 103 or 105; (c) BIOL 219 and 220; and (d) BIOL 207 or 307.
3. Achieve an Adjusted Individual Total TEAS® Score >= national baccalaureate program (Program Type - BSN) average (Mean-Program) or have >= 1110 on the SAT or >= 24 on the ACT.
Only TEAS® scores submitted directly from ATI or from an authorized testing center will be accepted. Scores submitted from a testing center at a college/university other that Tarleton must bear the authorized seal/signature of the testing center.
4. Achieve a minimum of 100 selection points (Course, GPA, & Entry Test points) before the residency points are added.
A point system is used to select students for admission to the Nursing Program at Tarleton State University (TSU). Students who submit all application materials and the Assessment Technologies Institute® (ATI) Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS®)scores by the deadline and meet admission requirements will be ranked on a list in descending order according to their total number of points. Slots will be filled from the point list until classes are full. The point system information is available by clicking here.
The point list is eliminated immediately after the last date to register for university credit. Students not admitted must submit a new application and application fee to be considered for the next admission cycle. New references and TEAS scores are not required.
5. Be eligible for RN licensure upon graduation. Must receive criminal background clearance by the Texas Board of Nursing and answer no to eligibility questions or receive a Declaratory Order before acceptance (see part IV of the Department of Nursing application for more details).
Admission Process for Generic BSN Students
Applications due November 1 to February 1 for Fall Entry and May 1 to August 1 for Spring Entry
ONE TIME EVENT: NO SPRING 2014 ADMISSION. PLEASE SEE NURSING HOME PAGE FOR INFORMATION
Applications submitted outside the dates will not be processed
Application to the nursing program is separate from and in addition to the application to Tarleton. Acceptance by Tarleton and the Department of Nursing is required. To be considered for the program admission the individual MUST meet admission requirements and submit application materials to Tarleton and the Department of Nursing by the specified timeframe/deadline (http://www.tarleton.edu/nursing/degrees_undergrad.html).
1. Apply to Tarleton State University. Application is online (through Apply Texas); links to the application are available via the website http://www.tarleton.edu/graduate/admissions. Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended. This process includes a nonrefundable fee.
2. Apply to the Department of Nursing at Tarleton State University. The Department of Nursing paper application materials are available in the Nursing Office and on this webpage.
This process also includes a nonrefundable fee. Applications submitted outside of the application timeframe or without the application fee (cashier's check or money order only) will not be considered.
3. Submit TEAS® scores, completed and signed application form, required narrative, 3 letters of recommendation (may use department form for references), and the nonrefundable application fee to the Nursing Office or via mail.
4. At the time of application, ENGL 111, 112, and three of the four program designated science general education requirements must be completed. Additionally, applicants must have completed at least 52 of the required 59 hours of program designated general education prerequisite courses and be ready to take the nursing prerequisite courses at the time of application.
Applications submitted within the specified application cycle or without the application fee (cashier's check or money order only) will not be considered.
- Application - Generic and LVN Entry Students
- Reference Form to use for recommendations
- A non-refundable processing fee of $35.00 must be paid when the application is submitted. The $35.00 processing fee must be paid by cashier's check or money order and made payable to TSU Nursing. No cash, credit cards or personal checks accepted. If the processing fee is not received with the application, the application will not be processed.
Department of Nursing Address
Department of Nursing
Stephenville, Texas 76402
254-968-9139 (General Office Number)