Kappa Kappa Psi | Web Site
Kappa Kappa Psi is a fraternal organization that promotes the advancement of college and university bands through dedicated service and support to bands; comprehensive education; leadership opportunities; and recognition; for the benefit of its members and society.
Tau Beta Sigma | Web Site
The national honorary fraternity and sorority for band. Since the establishment of these chapters in 1986, they have received recognition from their community, University, and the national office as a strong new chapter. Activities include assisting with the Tarleton Band Festivals, U.I.L. music events, and other service projects to the Tarleton Band Program. Membership is open to any band student with a desire to participate.
Mu Phi Epsilon | Web Site
The International Professional Music Fraternity was started in 1903 and currently includes 128 collegiate chapters, 74 alumni chapters, and over 75,000 members. Mu Phi Epsilon focuses on friendship, scholarship, musicianship, music education, and music therapy. Mu Phi Epsilon is the only professional music fraternity on campus, and one of the few international fraternities in the world.
The Delta Pi Chapter was started in 1998 and serves in many ways in the community and on campus. Membership is open to both men and women who are music majors or minors, have an established Tarleton GPA (being at TSU for at least one semester), and have a 3.0 in music GPA and a 2.0 overall GPA. The Delta Pi Chapter has won many awards from the Collegiate Chapter of the Year Award, to Sterling Achievement Winners, and most recently, the most outstanding service project for the 2007-2008 school year.
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
The men's national professional music fraternity is an organization of over ninety thousand members in over 200 chapters. Leonard Bernstein, Clark Terry, Wynton Marsalis, Andy Griffith, and Paul Robeson are just a few of the internationally acclaimed musicians who are Sinfonians.
Mu Theta, the chapter at Tarleton, has won several national commendations and awards since its beginning in 1978. Membership into Phi Mu Alpha is open to any man with an interest in music. Some members of Mu Theta are not music majors.
Student Chapter MENC / TMEA
The student chapter affiliation with the national and state music education professional organizations. Membership is open to all music education majors or persons interested in music and music education.
- Vocal Studies
- Instrumental Studies
- Piano Studies
- Music Major Handbook
- Capstone Course Project Template
- Music Course Rotation Schedule
- Recital Guidelines
- Music Majors Calendar
- Fall 2016 Concerts and Recitals
- Teacher Education Program Requirements
- Teacher Education Program Webpage
- BM All-Level Certification with Instrumental Emphasis - Odd Years
- BM All-Level Certification with Instrumental Emphasis - Even Years
- BA Music - General - Odd Years
- BA in Music Business - Even Years
- BA in Music Business - Odd Years
- BM with All-Level Certification with Vocal Emphasis - Even Years
- BM with All-Level Certification with Vocal Emphasis - Odd Years
- BM in Performance with Vocal Emphasis - Even Years
- BM in Performance with Vocal Emphasis - Odd Years
- BM in Performance with Instrumental Emphasis - Even Years
- BM in Performance with Instrumental Emphasis - Odd Years
- BM in Performance with Piano Emphasis - Even Years
- BM in Performance with Piano Emphasis - Odd Years