The Dick Smith Library provides a Wi-Fi network to access library resources and the Internet from computers within the library building.
Personal computers may be used, but require a Tarleton username and password to access the network.
The Library has twenty-four Dell laptop computers available to check out and use within the Library.
Wireless Laptop Circulation Policies
- Students, faculty, and staff may check out laptop computers for use only in the Library. Laptops may not leave the Library.
- Borrowers must have a current Tarleton State University ID card and an active campus email account.
- Borrowers will be asked to complete a loan agreement accepting responsibility for any loss or damage to the computer. Costs for repair or replacement attributable to a borrower will be charged to that borrower.
- Laptop computers circulate for 4 hours.
- Software on the laptops includes Internet browsers, Microsoft Office 2010, and Adobe reader.
- Library laptop computers are configured to print to the library printers.
- Data should be saved to users network drive (T:), or a removable storage medium (jump drive, disk, CD). Data saved to a laptop's hard drive will be automatically erased when the computer is returned.
- All laptops are due back at the kiosk no later than 15 minutes before library closing time.
- Failure to bring a laptop back on time will accrue a fine of $15 an hour.
- Follow this link for a complete set of laptop circulation policies.
The Library's wireless network uses the 802.11g industry standard and any laptop computer with an 11 Mbps wireless network card can connect to the wireless network.