MM - Music Education
- Totally online degree
- For working music educators and musicians seeking career advancement
- Elementary or secondary music education emphasis
- 10-week courses each semester
For working music educators and musicians seeking career advancement.
The MM in Music Education degree consists of 36 hours with two tracks, thesis or non-thesis. Since it is a completely online program, students can work around their schedule. Courses are 10 weeks long, instead of a full semester, so that the end-of-course papers, exams, and projects do not coincide and conflict with the end-of-semester programs and performances that are typically required of music educators.
- The thesis track consists of ten, three-credit courses (30 semester hours) and six hours of formal thesis work.
- The non-thesis track consists of ten, three-credit courses (30 semester hours) and six hours of curricular project.
Estimated Time of Completion
Students taking one course in each long semester and two courses each summer, will be able to finish the program in 3 years.
For an estimate of tuition and fee costs to complete this program, please visit the Tuition and Fee Calculator.
*Please Note: A student has to qualify for distance learner status in order to be charged as a Distance Learner. To apply for Distance Learner status, fill out the Campus Update Request Form. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Teresa Davidian