The Reference Department is the primary information resource for the library community, providing general reference assistance as well as research support, library instruction, and outreach.
The reference collection, located on the main floor, provides a wide range of reference works, both traditional and electronic. Online resources include a web based library catalog and over 200 indexes and databases, many with full text sources.
Information desks and user workstations are located on each level of the library where professional librarians provide personalized service to assist with learning and research needs.
If you questions or concerns, please visit the Information Desk or contact us via phone (254) 968-9249 or email email@example.com. You may also contact Trudy Carlson at (254) 968-9455 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference Service Links
- Ask a Librarian: email questions as you search available resources
- Online Catalog: search for materials owned by the Tarleton libraries
- Discovery@Tarleton: Search the library catalog and many of our online databases in one search.
- Interlibrary Loan: request materials not available in the libraries collection
- Lessons@Lunch: attend a database demonstration or orientation
- Subject Research Guides: quick start links for your research
- Library Instruction: faculty may schedule curriculum based library orientation
- Research Rescue : partner with a reference librarian for graduate research projects (requires Adobe Reader)
- Help: access online tutorials to library resources and tools