Skip to page content

University Photo Collection

Historical Photo of the Reading Room at the Dick Smith Library

For more information on The University Photo Collection, contact Amanda Pape, Coordinator of Archives and Special Services, or Archives staff at archives@tarleton.edu.

The Tarleton State University Photograph Collection consists of a variety of original photographs, scans, and replicas. The materials range from as early as 1902 to as recent as 2002. The collection has photos of campus scenes, buildings, students, athletes and competitions and special events.

Tarleton State University began in 1899 as John Tarleton College at its present location. Over the years, it has had four name changes – John Tarleton College (1899-1917), John Tarleton Agricultural College (1917-1949), Tarleton State College (1949-1973), and Tarleton State University (1973-present). Tarleton joined the Texas A&M University System in 1917.

The following projects contain examples of photos from this collection: