Kinesiology On-Campus Facilities:
- Kinesiology Main Office
- Champions Club
- Wellness & Motor Behavior Lab
- Clinical Exercise Research Facility (CERF LAB)
- Indoor Swimming Pool
- Athletic Training Facilities
- Wisdom Gymnasium Main Court
- Wisdom Gymnasium South Court
- Tennis Courts
Professional Development Opportunities
Professional Development Points (PD Points)
Kinesiology majors must complete a total of 15 points before student teaching/internship. Points may be earned in different categories with a maximum of 5 points per category. Students are responsible for uploading verification of completion (letters from supervisors, team rosters, membership cards, ect.) to Chalk and Wire. For help uploading PD points, go to the Champion's Club (Kines 102).
Check the bulletin board outside of the Kinesiology Department for current events and opportunities for PD Points!
- History of PD Points
- Professional Development Points: General Information
- Chalk and Wire Instructions
If you have any further questions regarding Professional Development Points, contact Billy Jack Ray at 254-968-9163 in Wisdom 135.
Internship Application Packet Spring 2015
The Kinesiology and Fitness Club is open to anyone pursuing a minor or major in Kinesiology (KINE). KFC provides an opportunity for school involvement and meeting others in an area that you already enjoy and provides opportunities for professional development.
National Professional Honors Fraternity is dedicated to advancing the interest of Health Physical Education on campus and in our community.
Kinesiology Graduate Studies Club provides leadership experience, scholarship opportunities, a chance to network with others, provides grants for travel and to present at conferences.
Study Abroad in Scotland
Want to join the Kinesiology team on this amazing study abroad program in Scotland? There are 6 Spots Left!
Dates: June 5- June 28(Summer 2015)
Faculty: Dr. Kayla Peak & Dr. Steve Simpson
Courses: 6 hours of Kinesiology credit
- Seminar: A study of Sport in Scotland & the UK
- Learn about Rugby, Football(Soccer), Cricket while touring impressive stadiums rugged West Highland Way. Clme Calton Hill & King Arthur's Seat. Put your leadership skills to the test on a unique Ropes Course without safety harnesses- just the water looming below. Plus much more.
- Seminar: Wellness Abroad- A Multi- Dimensional Research Project
- Strap on a Fitbit and compare your daily activity levels in the US to Scotland. Conduct surveys related to attitudes towards PE in schools, health- related fitness requirements, and image of fitness professionals. Experience state-of-the-art biomechanic and exercise physiology labs. Participate in an International Research Symposium. Plus much more.
Cost: $500 deposit due by February 13, 2015. $5995(includes roundtrip airfare from Dallas to Edinburgh, Scotland + apartment-style lodging at Edinburgh Napier University + transportation to all group- related functions + a welcome & farewell dinner)