Conducting Survey Research Using Qualtrics
Tarleton State University utilizes Qualtrics web based survey tool to assist its students, faculty, and staff with their survey research needs. To request a Qualtrics account, please enter your active Tarleton email address and your name in the form below and you will receive your user ID and password via email. Once you have constructed your survey in Qualtrics, you must obtain the appropriate review/approval based upon the purpose of your research and/or your Tarleton status before your survey can be released. Please select one of the following protocols to proceed:
- If you are using Qualtrics to collect data for scholarly activities such as a conference presentation or publication, you must have your research approved by Tarleton’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) prior to data collection.
- If you are a Tarleton student group/organization, your survey must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Student Activities.
- If you are using Qualtrics to collect data for internal administrative purposes, such as department decision making, program need/satisfaction, or best practices, your survey must be reviewed by the University Survey Review Committee.
Tarleton State University’s Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness is responsible for the administration of the Qualtrics web site and any group or individual who violates the above protocols in their data collection methods may have their Qualtrics privileges suspended. If you have questions about Qualtrics, or issues related to the use of Qualtrics, please contact the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness at (254) 968-9354 or via email at OIR@tarleton.edu. Thank you!
Need An Account?
Please bookmark this site for future use.
Tips and Tools
- Alreck, P. L., & Settle, R. B. (2004). The survey research handbook. Boston: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
- 4 Common sense tips for creating surveys that work
- Survey Questions 101: Do you make any of these 7 question writing mistakes?
- Determining sample size: How to ensure you get the correct sample size