Take the steps to begin your journey:
A collaborative effort between Academic Affairs, Student Success and Student Life to foster an inclusive, purposeful community that:
- Enhances student learning
- Encourages independent thought
- Embraces a diversity of ideas through a common residential experience for those who select the residential component
- Enrolls 24 students in courses both fall and/or spring semester
Extend Your Reach: These communities help you succeed as an engaged member of the scholarly community.
Expand Your Horizons: Each community makes it easy to connect with others.
Excel In Learning: These programs prepare you for the rigor of university academics and offer a format of discussion as you encounter unique college experiences.
Encourage Each Other to Lead and Serve Beyond the Classroom: These communities connect you to leadership, service, and organizational activities.
How to Apply
Steps to Take
- Apply and be a regularly admitted student to Tarleton State University for Summer or Fall semester.
- Submit your complete Learning Community Application Packet.
- Complete your Residential Living & Learning Housing Application/Contract and $100.00 deposit if you are interested in residing with other Learning Community Participants in the Residential Learning Community Hall.
- Identify Math and English placement through our testing center. Students placed in MATH 100 or ENG 100 will be evaluated on an individual basis for admission into the program. Each Learning Community has eligibility requirements and students must meet the eligibility requirements to participate in the program. Eligible participants will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
Learning Communities provide students with the ability to:
attend classes together
enjoy activities with peers, faculty and staff
live together with other members in our Residential Learning Community Hall (optional-not required to participate)