BS- Interdisciplinary Studies
Tarleton’s teacher education program emphasizes broad general education as a foundation for mastery of teaching skills and specialized knowledge in an academic discipline. The teacher preparation program prepares highly qualified teachers for Texas and the nation.
The Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies offers students five distinct options: EC-6 Generalist, EC-6 Bilingual, All Level Special Education, 4-8 English Language Arts & Reading/Social Studies, and 4 – 8 Math emphasis. All programs include English as a Second Language (ESL) Certification (except Bilingual).
- The EC-6 Generalist prepares teachers for certification to teach Early Childhood through Grade 6.
- The EC-6 Bilingual prepares teachers for certification to teach Early Childhood through Grade 6 with Bilingual certification.
- All level Special Education prepares teachers to work with gifted students and students with special needs in Early Childhood through Grade 12, as well as certification to teach Early Childhood through Grade 6.
the 4-8 mathematics and 4-8 Language Arts & reading/Social Studies programs will begin in fall 2014.
- The 4-8 mathematics prepares teachers for certification to teach Math in Grades 4 through 8.
- The 4-8 English Language Arts & Reading/Social Studies prepares teachers for certification to teach English Language Arts and Reading and Social Studies in Grades 4 through 8.
Prospective students are highly encouraged to speak with an advisor prior to applying to the University.
Face-to-Face and Blended (Face-to Face and Online)