Take the steps to begin your journey:
Short Term Loans
Short-term loan funds at Tarleton State University were established to provide assistance to students who experience temporary financial difficulty in connection with educationally related expenses. These loans must be repaid with interest and/or service charge within a prescribed repayment period. It is not the intent of this program to supplement or replace and regular long-term aid or assistance offered by the Student Financial Aid Office. Short-term loans are available while school is in session and applicants must meet the requirements to be considered.
The Deadline For Applications For Short-Term Loans Is The Census Date For Each Semester (12Th Class Day For 16 Week Sessions-Fall/spring, 4Th Class Day For 5-Week Sessions-Summer)
- The application must be typed or printed legibly in ink and must be signed by the applicant.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered, please read instructions carefully before you fill out the application.
- Application must be turned into the Financial Aid Office for consideration.
- Due to limited funds, short-term loans are disbursed on a first come first served basis.
- To insure loan liquidity, a reasonable and realistic repayment period is expected of the borrower. Loans must be repaid, with interest and fees within a prescribed period.
- All approved loans (except for book and personal expense loans) will be applied automatically to your Tarleton tuition and fees.
- If approved, your tuition and fees and/or room and board loans will be applied to your first installment automatically. A receipt and copy of your loans will be mailed to the address on the loan application.
- If approved, your book loan funds will be available on your Texan Card and must be used at the Tarleton Bookstore located in the Thompson Student Center.
- If approved, your personal expense loan may be picked up at the cashier's window in the Administration Building. You must have a picture ID.
Texan Bill Pay
How to Apply
Please contact the Financial Aid office at 254-968-9070 or email email@example.com for more information.