!Your version of Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade your browser to enhance your user experience. Firefox and Chrome are viable alternatives if you cannot upgrade your browser to Internet Explorer 9 or above!
Teacher Education Program (TEP)
Undergraduate students who are seeking initial teacher certification through the Tarleton Teacher Education Program are guided through the program from the time they start their application until they complete all field experiences, testing, and are recommended for certification.
Please review the most recent updates to TEP as they can change by semester.
Program Introduction Seminars
Teacher Eduation Program Presentations
Please view the following PowerPoint presentations to learn about the Teacher Education Program at Tarleton State University. Please use this handout as a reference during the presentations.
These following presentations are best viewed on a PC in slide show mode (press F5).
- View First- Teacher Education Program Overview
- Completing the Elementary Application
- Completing the Secondary Application
Staff from Educator Preparation Services will visit EDUC 3320 clsses to introduce ourselves and answer any questions students may have after viewing the presentations.
The goals of the Tarleton Teacher Education Program are to develop teachers who:
- possess appropriate knowledge and abilities in specific content areas or teaching fields;
- communicate effectively with students, parents and other professionals;
- apply the principles of instructional planning in the development of curriculum;
- utilize effective teaching practices;
- formally and informally evaluate student performance and use the results of such assessment in the instructional decision-making process;
- promote critical thinking and participatory citizenship;
- are skilled in the use of instructional technology;
- are proficient in mathematical skills;
- operate within the legal guidelines and uphold the ethics of the teaching field;
- demonstrate concern for the general welfare of the student; and
- are committed to continued professional growth and development.