Wildlife, Sustainability, and Ecosystem Sciences
The mission of the department is to provide comprehensive undergraduate and graduate degree programs that meet the academic and professional needs of the student in a diverse and ever changing natural resources field.
We place emphasis on strong student engagement in the learning process so that each attains personal fulfillment, success, and respect as a leader in their chosen profession, community, and state.
We strive to serve and support the student recognizing each as an individual with his or her own unique history, talents, and goals.
We hope you choose Tarleton to be your academic home. Also please visit the Wildlife Science page.
Current News & Past Events
- March 3, 2015 - Tarleton State University wildlife science students win at the statewide quiz bowl. (More information)
- November 15, 2014 - Welcome Dr. Barbara Bellows! Dr. Bellows will teach Department of Wildlife, Sustainability, and Ecosystem Sciences (WSES) courses and is also the Coordinator of the Center for Environmental Studies.
- October 17, 2014 - From 10:00 am - 11:00 am in room 105, Southwest Regional Dairy Center Chelsea Taylor will defend her thesis for partial fulfillment of her requirements for her degree of Master of Science in Agriculture.
- May 7, 2014 - Caitlyn Cooper, former graduate student in the Department of Wildlife, Sustainability, and Ecosystem Sciences and now pursuing a PhD at Texas A&M, was recently awarded an Ann Miller Gonzalez Research Grant from the Native Plant Society of Texas. Congratulations Caitlyn!
- May 2014 - Dr. Donald McGahan has started a blog for the study abroad program. He encourages everyone to create an account and follow this blog.
- April 2014 - The Department of Wildlife, Sustainability, and Ecosystem Sciences, did it for the vine and completed the Tarleton's sustainability garden. Thanks to the hard work, blood, sweat, and tears of the students and faculty here at Tarleton.
- March 21, 2014 - Jacqueline Glass passed her thesis defense, and showed that she is an expert on Otobius megnini.
- March 2014 - Graduate Assistants page: The GA's page is now up and running so please visit our new page when you get the chance.
- January 2014 - Facebook Page: We are trying to build up the following for our new Facebook page. Please like the page and tell your friends to do the same.
- January 2014 - Department name change to Wildlife, Sustainability, and Ecosystem Sciences.