Department of Engineering Technology
About Engineering Technology
The mission of the department of Engineering Technology is to provide an academically challenging program of study that prepares graduates to establish successful careers and assume leadership roles in manufacturing, construction, and education. In pursuit of this mission, the Department:
- Provides programs for the study of technology to enhance the general understanding and interpretation of the industrial complex.
- Offers programs that are applications oriented and provide professional preparation for students whose interests and aptitudes are in the systematic application of scientific principles to practical problems.
- Provides for the acquisition of technical competencies; a broad knowledge of industrial materials, processes, and products, and a sound academic education.
- Incorporates a hands-on approach to production technology using metal, plastics, and wood to provide graduates with an excellent set of skills and knowledge that can be applied to virtually any field.
- Offers a progressive curriculum that prepares students for a wide range of occupations.
- Maintains a modern well-equipped computer lab with the newest CAD/CAM software available.
- Has developed an outstanding relationship with local and area industries that allows faculty and students to work with company engineers on design projects provided by the companies.
- Produces graduates that play a vital role in meeting the technical needs of industry, business, and education.
Please review our programs and degree options and get acquainted with the many opportunities Tarleton has to offer. The size of our department, as well as the size of our university, allows us to provide small classes and the individual attention that produces a superior educational experience for our students. If you would like additional information, please contact us by completing the information request form or call us at 254-968-9010.