Welcome to the Department of Engineering and Computer Science!
Tarleton ENCS Department receives final approval to offer Civil Engineering and Electrical Engineering! These programs will be implemented effective immediately.
- Computer Science
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Environmental Engineering
- Proposed and Pending THECB Approval: Mechanical Engineering
About Our Department:
All of our programs engage students in rigorous, hands-on curricula through which they apply engineering principles and problem solving to create innovative, real-world solutions.
All of our programs incorporate faculty and peer mentoring to promote and nurture student success. Our students enjoy access to facilities and research equipment comparable to large research institutions. With today's world of rapid change, new advancements are needed to make lives safer, more enjoyable, and more productive. A degree from our department will open the doors to an exciting career in engineering or computer science, so that you can turn your dreams and ideas into realities.
Where do our graduates get jobs?
- Raytheon, Luminant (Comanche Peak nuclear plant), Lockheed Martin, L3 Communications, Halliburton, Schlumberger
Where do our graduates go to graduate school?
- MIT,Stanford, University of Saskatchewan, Rice, Texas A&M University, University of Oklahoma
Tarleton State University is part of the Texas A&M University System. Transfer options are available.
- Our engineering programs have an articulation with Texas A&M's College of Engineering in which students who complete a specified set of engineering, math, physics, and chemistry coursework with a 3.0 or better will receive "preferential review" for transfer admission into engineering at A&M.