Return to Top
- Curriculum for the Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry
- All BS Chemistry degrees share a common University Core Curriculum plus a core set of Required Courses and specialization courses for a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry.
- Areas of specialization depend upon the student's postgraduate career goals.
- The Professional Chemistry degree path prepares the student for a postgraduate degree program in chemistry or as a practicing chemist.
- Teacher certification prepares students to teach Chemistry (grades 8-12) or Physical Science (grades 8-12).
- An Interdisciplinary Chemistry degree is available for students who wish to combine chemistry with another field of study such as business or a second science.
- Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental and Pre-Pharmacy programs are also available with the chemistry degree option, as are Biochemistry and Forensic Chemistry.
- Course Descriptions can be found in the University Catalog.