Dr. Dennis G. Jones, Dean
Thompson Student Center, Room 15
Student Success has five (5) primary functions:
• Administer the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) program.
• Administer the Rules for Students in Developmental Courses.
• Administer the Placement and Continuing Enrollment Rules related to freshman-level mathematics and English courses.
• Administer the Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies degree program.
• Provide programs through the following six (6) departments to assist students to attain their highest level of academic achievement possible by creating a supportive and challenging environment that will provide equal opportunity to all students for academic success in the various stages of their academic journey.
1. Academic Advising Services
2. Academic Support Programs
3. Student Assessment Services
4. Student Disability Services
5. Student Success Programs
6. Upward Bound