Return to Top
A student may enroll to audit one or more courses under the following conditions:
- Application to audit a course must be made through the Registrar's Office. Approval of audit requests is at the discretion of the Registrar’s Office and a record of audit enrollment is kept in the Registrar's Office. The request from can be found at www.tarleton.edu/registrar/studentforms.html.
- Written consent from the instructor and department head is required prior to attendance in class.
- No audit enrollee is to be permitted to sit in class more than one period.
- Space and any required instructional equipment must be available. Evaluation of audit requests may be postponed until the end of registration if there are questions about availability.
- The extent of the student’s participation in the activities of the class is at the discretion of the instructor and is to be designated prior to enrollment.
- No student may audit a course offered on an individual instruction basis.
- To receive university credit from a previously audited class, the student must retake the class and pay the appropriate fees.
- An audit fee is required for each course at the time the request is submitted. In addition to the audit fee, audit students must pay any laboratory fee, course fee, practice fee, or other fee stipulated for the course. Fees associated with an audit request are not refunded unless Tarleton denies the audit request.