Find an advisor for:
- Pre-medical or pre-dentistry: Dr. Max Sanderford (pre-med) or Dr. Janice Speshock (pre-dent)
- Pre-physician's assistant: Dr. Max Sanderford
- Pre-physical therapy: Dr. Phil Sudman
- Pre-pharmacy: Dr. John Calahan
- Pre-veterinary: Dr. Max Sanderford
- Molecular biology/biotechnology: Dr. Harold Rathburn or Dr. Russell Pfau
- Ecology: Dr. Chris Higgins
- Wildlife biology: Dr. Phil Sudman
- Teacher certification: Dr. Allan Nelson
- Environmental/conservation biology: Dr. Allan Nelson or Dr. Russell Pfau
- General/undecided: Dr. Russell Pfau, Dr. Chris Higgins, or Dr. Harold Rathburn
Faculty and students are actively engaged in a wide range of research areas including biotechnology, ecology, genetics, physiology, and systematics.
All faculty involved in research serve as mentors for undergraduate and graduate students with an interest in participating in the process of scientific discovery.
Motivated students are encouraged to meet with faculty members to learn about available research opportunities.
Beta Beta Beta (TriBeta) is a national organization whose purpose is to honor biology students that have achieved high scholastic standards, to stimulate interest, scholarly attainment and investigation in the biological sciences, and to promote the dissemination of information and new interpretations among students of the life sciences. Visit the TriBeta website, Facebook, and TexanSync pages.
AED (Alpha Epsilon Delta)
Alpha Epsilon Delta is the honor society for health pre-professionals. AED is a national health pre-professions honor society dedicated to the encouragement and recognition of excellence in pre-professions scholarship, including, but not limited to, medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, podiatry, optometry, physical therapy, clinical psychology, and nursing. For more information, visit the AED website or the AED TexanSync page.
Tarleton Environmental Society
The Tarleton Environmental Society is a student organization devoted to helping minimize the impact of human activities on the environment. The Society provides a platform to spread public awareness of contemporary issues and engages students in hands-on activities designed to reduce the negative impact of human actions. Community service and educational outreach are significant components for the society. For more information, visit the organization's Facebook page and TexanSync page.
Tarleton Student Wildlife Society
The TSU Student Wildlife Society is a student chapter of The Wildlife Society. The TSU Student Wildlife Society provides opportunities to interact with wildlife professionals through meetings, field trips and special workshops. Visit the Wildlife Society's website and TexanSync page.
- Texas Parks & Wildlife
- AIBS Careers Information
- Association of Zoos and Aquariums Job Listings
- Environmental Jobs | eco.org
- Wildlife and Fisheries Science Jobs
- Ecological Society of America (see Careers tab)
- ECOLOG-L Parent Portal
- Society for Conservation Biology
- Ornithological Jobs
- U.S. Government Jobs (hint: try using 'biology' 'biologist' 'wildlife' etc. as search terms)
- U.S. Geological Survey
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Society of Wetland Scientists
- American Society for Microbiology
- Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology
- Careers in Sustainability