The Department of Biological Sciences provides a broad range of courses and other learning opportunities designed to prepare students for a diverse array of careers. Class size in advanced courses is usually small and offers individual attention. In the laboratories, students gain hands-on experience with the biological techniques and instrumentation used by biologists world-wide.
Faculty and students actively engage in a wide range of research areas including biotechnology, ecology, genetics, physiology, and systematics. All faculty involved in research serve as research mentors for motivated undergraduate and graduate students with an interest in participating in the process of scientific discovery.
News and Events
- Tim Huebner defends thesis
Oct 26, 2013
- Dr. Jesse Meik publishes 2 papers
Oct 24, 2013
- Tarleton biology graduate of 2008, Sam Kieschnick, is Mansfield's first naturalist
Oct 18, 2013
- New Faculty Member, Dr. Jesse Meik
Mar 01, 2013
- Don Keith named Professor Emeritus
Jan 31, 2013
- Recent graduate, Paige Cowley, publishes research
Jan 24, 2013