Take the steps to begin your journey:
Undergraduate Application Instructions
Please review this information before completing the ApplyTexas application. You can then click the Application (ApplyTexas) link to complete the process.
Complete the Application (ApplyTexas).
- Create a Profile
- Click Create your account now
- Save Profile
- Many applicants do not complete their application in one session. You will need your username and password each time you log on to ApplyTexas. PLEASE WRITE THEM DOWN OR PRINT THE PAGE FOR YOUR RECORDS.
- Create an Application
- Click My Applications or Go to My Applications
- Click Start a new blank application now
- Click Create a new 4 year university admissions application
- Choose Tarleton State University for Target University
- Choose your Application Type (refer to Application Types below)
- Choose your Semester of Entry - be very careful to select the correct semester.
- On Select School click Continue or add a Second School
- Select a major
- Please Save Changes after each page
- Complete Pages Based on:
Student Status and Scholarship Needs Freshmen Transfer Transient Former1. Complete general pages 1 - 4 1 - 6 1 - 6 1 - 62. Must complete Campus Question No Required Required Required
- Complete the Certification & Payment Information page by reading and clicking the boxes provided.
Pay the $45 non-refundable application fee via your electronic application or pay by cash, check, money order in our office or by credit card through our Cashier's Office at 254-968-9607. The application fee is required for new applicants, students returning to Tarleton after missing a fall or spring semester, student's who apply for a semester and never enroll and students who graduate and return as post-baccalaureate status.
Submit a current official high school transcript. If a transcript is sent prior to high school graduation, a final transcript is required after the student graduates.
Submit official SAT or ACT scores.
Request and/or submit final official transcripts from all college level institutions previously attended. Coursework consolidated on one transcript does not meet this requirement.
Submit official TSI Assessment scores or provide proof of a valid exemption from the TSI requirement. Refer to TSI information regarding valid exemptions.
Student Classifications on Application
- First-time Freshman student - applicant who has not accumulated college credit after high school
- Transfer student - applicant is transferring coursework completed at another institution and is seeking a degree with Tarleton State University
- Returning student - applicant has completed coursework with Tarleton State University and is returning after one or more long semester(s) absence
- Transfer student with Tarleton credit - applicant has completed coursework with Tarleton State University and is returning after one or more long semester(s) absence and has completed coursework at another institution in the interim
- Non-Degree Seeking student - applicant is not seeking a degree with Tarleton State University but intends to attend for more than one semester (non-degree seeking form required)
- Transient student - applicant is not seeking a degree with Tarleton State University and only wishes to attend one semester (Transient Student Form required) Student must have attended another institution (ex. Spring) and be returning to the same institution the following semester (Fall) to attend as a Transient for the Summer.
- Post Baccalaureate student - applicant has obtained a conferred Bachelor degree with an accredited institution and is either seeking a second degree or wishes to take courses of interest (Post Baccalaureate form required)