Take the steps to begin your journey:
Home Schooled or Non-Accredited High School Graduates
First Time Freshman entering Tarleton directly from a Texas high school not accredited by the Texas Education Agency or any Home Schooled Students.
Special Requirements for Admission
|Will Be Admitted||May Be Considered|
Old SAT* = 1110 or
New SAT = 1180 or
Old SAT*= 950-1100 or
New SAT* = 1030-1170 or
- Statements from the school about ranking and curriculum equivalent to recommended or advanced program will be considered.
- Home schooled students must provide proof of curriculum completed from an agency or teacher.
- Students may be evaluated upon completion of their junior year.
- List any pending courses
- Include GPA
- The home school transcript must be notarized.
Students must also meet the Uniform Admission Policy (UAP) requirements as stated below.
*SAT total consists of Critical Reading (Verbal) + Math only. New SAT consists of Evidence Based Reading and Writing + Math.
State of Texas Uniform Admission Policy (UAP)
The Texas Education Code (TEC) 51.803-51.809 requires that all students meet one of the following college readiness standards in order to be eligible to be considered for admission to a Texas Four-Year Public Institution.
- Successfully complete the recommended or advanced high school program or complete the portion of the program that was available to them; or
- Successfully complete a curriculum that is equivalent in content and rigor to the recommended or advanced high school program at a high school that is exempt from offering such programs; or
- Satisfy the College Readiness Benchmarks on the ACT or SAT assessment.
- Old SAT - 1500 out of 2400 (Critical Reading, Math AND Writing)
- ACT - 18 English, 21 Reading, 22 Math and 24 Science
Students applying to Tarleton State University from a non-Texas public high school are required to submit a completed high school certification form along with your high school transcript. Please select one of the forms on the first time freshman page, download the form to complete and return to:
Tarleton State University
Stephenville, TX 76402
For questions on which form to complete, please contact Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 254-968-9269.
Requirements are subject to changes outlined by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.