Take the steps to begin your journey:
Students who have earned transferable college level credit at an accredited institution the fall semester or later after high school graduation are considered transfer students. College credits earned prior to high school graduation (dual-credit) and courses taken immediately following high school graduation during the summer do not classify a student as a transfer student.
Items needed for application process:
- ApplyTexas Application
- $45 Application Fee
- Official College Transcripts from every institution you have attended
- Official High School transcript (if you have less than 60 transferable hours)
- Official SAT or ACT test scores (if you have less than 60 transferable hours)
- Any other items requested by the Office of Admissions based on application answers
Requirements for Admission
Applicants must be eligible to enroll at all colleges and universities previously attended and submit final official transcripts from each college or university attended. The following minimum standards must be met:
- Students with 30 or more semester hours of transferable college credit an accumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher will be admitted.
- Students with fewer than 30 semester hours of transferable college credit and a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher will be admitted. Students with a cumulative GPA of 2.00 - 2.79 will be admitted, provided they also meet the regular admission standards for first-time freshman applicants.
- 11 or fewer semester hours: 2.0 GPA AND meet First-time Freshmen admission requirements. (See Freshman Requirements).
- Students attending an off-campus location must meet additional admission requirements. (See Off-Campus).
- Check our Admission Deadlines.
Requirements are subject to changes as outlined from the Academic Standards Committee.
The student is responsible for sending official transcripts from every institution they have attended.
Most transcripts can be sent electronically through the following:
- National Clearinghouse.
Please use email@example.com as the receiving email. To mail, please use:
Tarleton State University
Stephenville, TX 76402
Transfer Equivalency Guides
Transfer Equivalency Guides are available for each program offered at Tarleton State University. These are designed for students attending ANY two-year public institution in the State of Texas. The TEGs enable students to choose courses that will work toward his/her degree at TSU while attending a two-year institution.
In 1999, the State of Texas implemented a common core for state-assisted institutions. All Tarleton degree programs are comprised of the same core with each degree program having special provisions. These provisions are noted on each Transfer Equivalency Guide.
If you have any questions regarding transfer of courses, please send an email to the Office of Transfer Services.
- Texas Common Course Numbering System - Course Equivalencies by School
- Transfer Equivalency Guides
- Financial Aid Consortium
- Common Core (General Education Requirements)
- Request to Evaluate Courses: For Courses Taken at Another Institution
- Academic Advising Center
- Students Right to Know
- Admissions Frequently Asked Questions
- Residency Information
- Residency Frequently Asked Questions
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board