1. 3-SDH Tandem Accelerator From National Electrostatics Corporation
This accelerator was obtained from CalTech and is being professionally installed by NEC this Fall.
- 1.0 MV Terminal Rating
- Alphatross Gas Ion Source
- RBS/Channeling UHV Research Line andChamber
- UNH Teaching Beamline and Chanmber
- Beam Chopper For Beam Normalization
- Performing NRA, PIXE, RBS, RFS, etc.
- Oxygen Detection Using 3.04 MeV He++
- Wide Range of Detectors (HpGe, Si(Li), NaI, Surface Barrier, etc)
2. Data Acquisition
The accelerator facility contains a wide range of NIM electronics and detectors. PC based Canberra Multichannel Analyzers operating under Genie-2000 provide remote and local access to data acquisition in real time over both the TSU LAN and the Internet.
The TSU accelerator facility is located on the second floor of TSU's $28,000,000 science building. Data from the facility is connected to the Advanced Physics Lab for teaching larger groups. The facility can also be connected to a state-of-the-art classroom for distance learning and video conferencing. The room provides compressed video to other Texas A&M System Campuses over the Trans-Texas Video Network (TTVN).