Tarleton Physics Program
The Physics program at Tarleton State University will offer a 2016 Physics & Astronomy Camp on the Tarleton State University campus in Stephenville, Texas. The camp is a two week residential camp designed to provide 32 high achieving math and science students who have just completed their freshman, sophomores, or junior year of high school in Texas with the opportunity to:
- do in-depth study including hands on activities/research in one of five Physics enrichment areas with a Tarleton faculty member;
- have fun with other bright high school and university students interested in physics;
- learn about career opportunities in Physics and other STEM related fields;
- learn skills necessary for university success;
- learn modeling and construction techniques;
- go on visits to a nuclear power plant and other industrial sites;
During the first week of the camp, student's in Tarleton's 2016 Physics camp will select from one of the following five Physics enrichment areas for more in depth study:
- Physics of Optics/Lasers
- Physics of Electronics;
- Nuclear/Health Physics
- Medical Physics
- June 19 to July 2
Housing & Food
Students will be housed in Legend's Dorm and Residential Dorm Coordinators will be on site 24/7. Each dorm or apartment is furnished and includes basic cable and high speed internet access. Laundry facilities is on site and free to use. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner meals will be provided by the camp for each day of the camp. There is no dinner meal on Sunday evening check-in prior to the start of camp or lunch on the Saturday after the end of the camp. Instead light snacks (sandwiches or pizza) and cokes will be provided.
Camp Cost & Eligibility:
Student - $0 (Scholarships from the Texas Workforce Commission cover the Camp Cost )
Camper Information Page
If you have been accepted to the camp then the following link will take you to a page listing everything you need to know when you get to the camp.
Scholarship & Camp Application (OPEN SPRING 2016)
If you have questions, contact Dr. Marble at email@example.com or call 254-968-9880.
Student's wishing to apply for the Tarleton 2016 Physics Camp need to:
- Complete Application (Submit completed application as email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Dr. Marble at address below)
- Arrange to have one of their present or past counselors, math, or science teachers either mail or scan and email a letter of reference. The letter should speak to the students enthusiasm and aptitude in science and math as well as any personal factors which would make the student a good candidate for the camp.
Tarleton 2016 Physics & Astronomy Camp
Attn: Dr. Daniel Marble or Mr. Brian Salge
Tarleton State University Physics Program
Stephenville, Texas 76402
Email Letters: email@example.com
For more information about the camps, contact Dr. Marble at 254-968-9880.