Social Media Conference - November 8, 2013
Social Media Conference - November 8, 2013 @ Tarleton State University (Fort Worth, TX)
The Texas Social Media Research Institute (TSMRI), located at Tarleton State University, will hold its 4th annual Social Media Conference in Fort Worth, TX at the Tarleton State University's Southwest Metroplex Campus (Hickman Building on 6777 Camp Bowie Blvd. - Near Denny's Restaurant) on Friday, November 7, 2014 from 9-4.
Register for This Year's Conference - Coming Soon
Become a Presenter for This Year's Conference - Coming Soon
- Call for Presentations and Training Sessions - June 30th, 2014
- Conference Speakers are Chosen - July 2014
- Conference Schedule and Agenda Posted - August 2014
|Early Reg. - August 30th (Registration includes: breakfast, lunch, SMC2013 t-shirt, and a social media swag bag)||$30.00|
|Regular Reg. - September 30th (Registration includes: breakfast, lunch, SMC2013 t-shirt, and a social media swag bag)||$45.00|
|Late Reg. - October 15th (Registration includes: breakfast, lunch, and a social media swag bag) - T-shirts will be available for purchase.||$60.00|
|On Site Reg. - November 7th (Registration includes: breakfast, lunch, and a social media swag bag) - T-shirts will be available for purchase.||$75.00|
|Conference Presenters & Tarleton Faculty/Staff (Registration includes FREE breakfast, lunch, and a social media SWAG BAG) - September 30th||$25.00|
|Undergraduate Students/Graduate Students (Registration includes FREE breakfast, lunch, and a social media SWAG BAG) - September 30th||$10.00|
- Directions to Conference Location: Will be updated soon.
- Shuttle Services: Super Shuttle
- Information about Fort Worth (i.e. - Stockyards)
HELP US TO PROMOTE THE CONFERENCE:
- Use the #TXSMC2014 Hashtag!
CALL FOR PAPERS, PANELS, AND WORKSHOPS:
This conference consists of two tracks: a research presentation track as well as a training and development track. The conference planning committee is actively seeking papers, panels, and training workshops focused on, but not limited to the following topics:
- Facebook, Twitter, Linked In (How to Use the Technologies)
- Social Media in Business (Ideas for Entrepreneurs and Large Organizations)
- Social Media in Education
- Social Media in the Non-Profit Sector
- Social Media in Interpersonal and Intercultural Communication
- Practical Solutions for Social Media Problems
- Benefits and Disadvantages of Social Media in K-12 and Higher Education
- Social Media and Generational Communication
- Social Media and Information Sciences/Library Sciences
- Social Media and Mobile Applications and Devices
Possible forms of submission include: panels (including roundtables and discussions), papers/abstracts, and training workshops. Complete the Conference Submission Form and e-mail papers/panels to TSMRI (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than June 30th.
If you have any questions, please contact the Texas Social Media Research Institute via e-mail (email@example.com) or telephone (254-307-8211).