Social Media Conference 2012
Social Media Conference 2012 @ Tarleton State University
The Texas Social Media Research Institute (TSMRI), located at Tarleton State University, will hold its second Social Media Conference at Tarleton State University on Friday, November 30, 2012.
The Social Media Conference is co-sponsored by: The Texas Social Media Research Institute (TSMRI), TSU Center for Instructional Innovation (CII), TSU Career Services, TSU Student Publications, TSU Student Success and Multicultural Initiatives (SSMI), and TSU Student Life.
- Social Media Conference Registration
- Call for Papers, Workshops, and Panels - Due Friday, October 12, 2012
|Early Reg. - Friday, September 28th (Registration includes: breakfast, lunch, SMC2012 t-shirt, and a social media swag bag)||$30.00|
|Regular Reg. - Friday, October 26th (Registration includes: breakfast, lunch, SMC2012 t-shirt, and a social media swag bag)||$45.00|
|Late Reg. - Friday, November 16th (Registration includes: breakfast, lunch, and a social media swag bag) - T-shirts will be available for purchase.||$60.00|
|On Site Reg. - Friday, November 30th (Registration includes: breakfast, lunch, and a social media swag bag) - T-shirts will be available for purchase.||$75.00|
|Conference Presenters & Tarleton Faculty/Staff (Registration includes FREE breakfast, lunch, and a social media SWAG BAG) - Friday, November 16, 2012 (Extended Deadline Due to High Demand)
|Undergraduate Students/Graduate Students (Registration includes FREE breakfast, lunch, and a social media SWAG BAG) - Friday, November 16, 2012 (Extended Deadline Due to High Demand)||$10.00|
- Preliminary Conference Schedule at a Glance
- Preliminary Conference Schedule - Schedule Per Hour
- Conference Session Titles and Abstracts - Under Construction
- Conference Proceedings - Under Construction
- Final Conference Schedule at a Glance - Under Construction
- Directions to Campus: DFW Airport to Stephenville, Dallas-Love Airport to Stephenville
- Shuttle Services: Super Shuttle, Granbury Airport Shuttle
- Kerrville Bus Company
- Local Accommodations
- Campus Map
- Information about Fort Worth Locations (i.e. - Stockyards)
Help Us to Promote the Conference:
- Download the Conference Flyer (Please feel free to post the flyer on your blog, your company/department bulletin board, etc.)
- Embed the Social Media Button on your website.
Call for Sponsorships/Call for Donations:
We are also seeking conference sponsors and donors (small businesses, departments, and organizations) campus and community sponsors). If your small business or department is interested in co-sponsoring this conference, please contact us.
Call for Papers, Panels, and Workshops:
This conference consists of two tracks: a research presentation track as well as a training and development track. The conference planning committee is actively seeking papers, panels, and training workshops focused on, but not limited to the following topics:
- Facebook, Twitter, Linked In (How to Use the Technologies)
- Social Media in Business (Ideas for Entrepreneurs and Large Organizations)
- Social Media in Education
- Social Media in the Non-Profit Sector
- Social Media in Interpersonal and Intercultural Communication
- Practical Solutions for Social Media Problems
- Benefits and Disadvantages of Social Media in K-12 and Higher Education
- Social Media and Generational Communication
- Social Media and Information Sciences/Library Sciences
- Social Media and Mobile Applications and Devices
Possible forms of submission include: panels (including roundtables and discussions), papers/abstracts, and training workshops. Complete the Conference Submission Form and e-mail papers/panels to Dr. Jennifer T. Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Friday, October 12, 2012.
If you have any questions, please contact the Texas Social Media Research Institute via e-mail (email@example.com) or telephone (254-307-8211).