Return to Top
2013-2014 recruiting/application process is complete. Next recruiting/application opportunity will be November 2014.
- Get an application from your high school counselor, call the Upward Bound office and we will mail you one, or download the application.
- Complete all sections of the application.
- Attach your most recent high school transcript.
- Attach a copy of your family's latest income tax return.
- Visit at least three (3) Upward Bound Visitor Meetings.
How to Submit the Application (Submit by Deadline)
- Bring application to an Upward Bound Visitor Meeting
- Drop it by the Upward Bound Office (Davis Hall, Room 101)
- Mail to Attn: Upward Bound, Tarleton State University, Box T-0710, Stephenville, TX 76402
Recruitment occurs during the fall semester only.
Applicant/Visitor Meeting Dates
- Applications Available - October 1, 2014
- Application Due - December 2014
Fall 2014 Recruiting/Visitor Meeting Dates Date Meeting November 1 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. November 15 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. November 22 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. December 6 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
You are eligible if you
- Meet family income guidelines established by the US Department of Education Income Guidelines or neither parent has a four-year college degree.
- Are a US citizen or hold Permanent Residency status.
- Desire to improve academic performance
- Interested in attending post-secondary education
- Have the academic ability, desire, and determination to succeed in an educational setting after high school.
- Are Enrolled in the 9th, 10th, or 11th grade at one of the following target high schools: Comanche, De Leon, Dublin, Gustine, Huckabay, Iredell, Lingleville, Stephenville, and Walnut Springs