Return to Top
Tarleton Upward Bound has completed the 2012 recruiting process. Next opportunity to apply to UB will be October 2013.
- Get an application from your high school counselor, call the Upward Bound office and we will mail you one, or download the application (application will be posted October 1st).
- Complete all sections of the application.
- Attach your most recent high school transcript.
- Attach a copy of your family's 2011 income tax return.
- How to Submit the Application (Submit by deadline on application.)
- Bring it to an Upward Bound Visitor Meeting or
- Drop it by the Upward Bound Office (Davis Hall, Room 101) or
- Mail it to Attn: Upward Bound, Tarleton State University, Box T-0710, Stephenville, TX 76402
- Visit at least two (3) Upward Bound Visitor Meetings.
- Recruitment occurs during the fall semester only.
You Are Eligible If You
- Meet family income guidelines established by the US Department of Education Income Guidelines or
- Neither parent has a four-year college degree.
- Are a US citizen or hold Permanent Residency status.
- Desire to improve your academic performance
- Are interested in attending post-secondary education.
- Have the academic ability, desire, and determination to succeed in an educational setting after high school.
- Are enrolled in the 9th, 10th, or 11th grade at one of the following target high schools: Comanche, De Leon, Dublin, Gustine, Huckabay, Iredell, Lingleville, Stephenville, and Walnut Springs