SAT - (Scholastic Achievement Test)
The SAT measures the critical reading, mathematical reasoning, and writing skills that students have developed over time and the skills they need to be successful academically in college. The SAT assesses how well you analyze and solve problems skills you learned in school that you'll need in college. The SAT is accepted without essay for admissions requirements at Tarleton State University. The SAT is normally administered in October, November, December, February, March, May, and June.
SAT Test Dates and Fees:
If you miss the regular and late registration postmark deadlines for the test date you want, you may still be able to take the test. You can try to test as a standby.
What to Expect on the day of the Exam at Tarleton State:
- Please see admission ticket for driving directions
- Report to the Math Building between 7:30 and 7:45am on the test date for which you are registered on your admission ticket.
- The SAT begins at 8:00 am. Please arrive at testing location 20-30 minuters prior to testing. You will not be admitted if you are late.
- Students taking the SAT generally finished by 12:00 to 12:15 pm.
- Testing includes one 5 minute break.
- Your test center admission ticket.
- Acceptable and Valid(current) identification. (Your admission ticket alone is not acceptable identification.) You will not be admitted to test without acceptable identification. (Click link above for clarification.)
- Sharpened soft-lead (No. 2) pencils with good erasers. (No mechanical pencils)
- A permitted calculator, if you wish to use one on the Mathematics Test. Not all models are permitted. Click here for acceptable models.
Do NOT bring*
- cellular phones
- watch with audible alarm
- mechanical pencils
- foreign language dictionaries
- notes or other aids
- scratch paper
- Compass, protractor, ruler, or any other aids
- pagers or beepers
- photographic devices
- CD or tape players
- reading materials
*If any of the prohibited items are brought to the center they will be taken up and turned off (if necessary). The center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Test Prep Resources:
For additional SAT information, including study material see SAT website.